Monday, November 1, 2010

Spice it up!

One day, I entered my kitchen and took stock.  I really took my time decorating in there because I recognize that not only do I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but whenever I entertain, my guests are in there too.  I have a comfy chair and multiple light sources.  I have two cabinets dressed with china and crystal.  I have pretty granite countertops (though I would have preferred marble... another story).

Anyway, I spent all this time dressing my up kitchen and there on the floor was a scummy looking stainless steel bowl for dog food.  Blech.

Now I was fortunate... Home Goods stocks adorable things like little benches with niches carved out for food bowls... perfect for pets.  However, a nice ceramic bowl in a cheery color would have done anequally nice job of perking things up.

The point?  Don't forget small details... new potholders in a fun fabric, kitschy salt and pepper shakers, a colorful apron hung on the wall (like art!)... any of these small things goes a long way to improve the look of your kitchen.

HGD can help spice up your kitchen!  571-232-4507

No comments:

Post a Comment