Sunday, November 14, 2010

Highlight your assets

So this came to me last night in a dream... really.  I have a beautiful french chair that I inherited from my grandmother.  I chose to cover it in an acceptable silk stripe in a beautiful cinnamon color.

However, in my dream, I painted the wood electric pink and covered the cushions in black leather.  I woke up inspired a more than a little disappointed that I had already spent so much money recovering the chair.

The point?

That chair is a show stopper.  Electric pink and black leather would have totally accentuated its great lines. Don't be afraid to tinker with our "antiques".  That said... if the Keno brothers have appraised your card table, you probably don't want to marbelize it.  Be judicious but don't be afraid to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment