Friday, November 12, 2010

The bar is back!

Crystal decanters.  High balls.  Ice buckets.  Cocktail napkins.

Blame it on the recession if you will, but entertaining in our own homes is becoming more and more fashionable.  That means the focus is on your decor.

You don't need a fancy set up or glamourous kitchen.  You can arrange a tidy bar almost anywhere.  I once used a dressing table, with a skirt, as a bar.  I put a tray on it and arranged crystal decanters of liquor on it.  I found pewter tags (Rum, Vodka, Scotch) at Pottery Barn and hung them on the decanters.  On the shelves below, I stored my glasses.

Other ideas... bear with me.  Open your mind...not sure what to do with the expensive diaper changer you bought?  Think about it.  It's the perfect piece for arranging a bar up top and glasses beneath.  Sure be skeptical, but give it a try.

A writing desk?  Yup.  The drawers can hold coasters, bottle openers and napkins.

All you've got is cement blocks and piece of pine board?  Paint the blocks black, marbelize the wood.

Your house will shine as long as it reflects you... wether you decorate with marble or cement.

No comments:

Post a Comment