Thursday, October 28, 2010

Study the situation

Many of us have home offices these days.  Even if you do not make your paycheck at home, you most likely have an area dedicated to your computer.

Slave to aesthetics that I am, I have lived without a printer for 9 years.  I didn't want to mess up the look of my study with cables and extension cords.  Well, no longer.  Voila!  The wireless network that came with FIOS (through Verizon) allows me to use a wireless printer!  Genius!  I highly recommend a wireless network if you aren't currently using one.

You might also want to consider painting a wall in chalkboard paint, perhaps the wall behind your monitor.    You never know when  brilliant idea might strike or you just need to leave a note about the dry cleaning.

Lighting.  Because I am a design fanatic, I have an antique murano glass chandelier in my study.  Because I need plenty of light, especially at night, to write these scintillating blogs (!), I have several lamps as well.  Get creative with your lighting.  Maybe you like art deco... scour eBay for a great art deco metal study lamp.

Everything needs its own place, especially in a study.  HGD can help you organize your study so that you are more efficient.  Good decor starts with good organization.  571-232-4507

No comments:

Post a Comment